TIP: Before you generate parent accounts, you should make sure that you are happy with the data that has been synchronised from your MIS system to the website. Only contacts who are parentally responsible and have an email address will be set up with an account. The Data Dashboard will help you identify any contacts who do not have one.
If this is the first time you are generating accounts, you should also make sure a role has been added to User Manager to hold the Parent Accounts, and that the contact settings have been updated so that the accounts will be added to the correct group.
If you have purchased the Parent Portal and/or Parents' Evening Booking system, you will need to generate accounts for your parents to log in.
- When you are ready to generate accounts, click the MIS Accounts button on the Add-ons Tab.
- The dialog will explain the process and tell you how many parent accounts will be generated. You can choose to create accounts either for all parents with an email address, or only primary contacts with an email address.
- Once you click the Generate Contact Accounts button, an email will be sent to parents asking them to set their password.
If you also have the email add-on set up, the message will come from your usual email address otherwise, it will be sent from email@example.com
- If you would prefer accounts to be generated automatically when new pupil contacts are added to your MIS and synchronised to the website, this can be done through the Add-on Settings.
- Once parent accounts have been generated, they can be administered through User Manager, including allowing you to send password resets. Parents can also self-serve by clicking on 'forgot password' from the login page.