Parents' Evening Booking provides a quick and easy way for parents to book appointments with teachers. You can select to create a parents' evening event using any of the groups synchronised from your MIS system for example, registration groups or classes.
Linking your MIS data to your website requires a secure connection from your school's Management Information System (MIS) to Juniper Education. As such, we integrate with a company called Wonde. Wonde provides a high level of security, allowing you to remain in control of the data accessed through your website.
Wonde will contact you directly to create an account and will help you with setting up the integration. You will then be able to provide the relevant permissions for your chosen add-ons.
Once the integration has been completed, your data will begin synchronising with your website. Prior to using the add-ons, you should check that the data is synchronised as expected via the Data Dashboard.
Once you are happy with the data that is appearing, you can generate accounts for parents.
To begin, log in to the admin side of your site and click onto the Add-ons tab on the orange admin bar, then choose the Parents' Evening module.
IMPORTANT: Before inviting parents to an event, ensure you have generated their accounts.
- Creating a new Booking Form
- Editing a Booking Form
- Finalising the Booking Form
- Publishing the Booking Form
- Checking on your Parents Evening
Creating a new Booking Form
Creating a new Parents Evening booking form is easy and straight forward, with all the relevant tools right in front of you. As long as your MIS data is up to date and synced up with your Add-ons, you can begin to create a new booking form:
- To create a new parent's evening booking form click on the 'Create' tab on the left-hand side, this will bring you over to a new page.
- Give the Parents Evening a relevant Title so that parents will quickly know whether it's the correct booking form.
- Using the '+ ADD' button, you can choose which year group(s) or other groups are relevant to this Parents Evening.
- Find the relevant year group(s) and click onto the circled tick icon beside the group(s), then make sure to click on 'ADD' at the top right of the window. It will now display which group(s) have been selected for this parents evening.
Editing a Booking Form
At this point, you're ready to start editing the specifics in relation to the availability, slot duration, dates and more.
- To start, set the date, start and end time for the parents evening. The Date field is when the parents evening will occur, the Start time is when the evening will start, and End time is when it will finish.
- Next, select two dates in which will be the time frame where parents can make a booking for the parents evening, using the Booking Available Between field.
- After that, choose how long each parent will spend with the relevant teacher with the Slot Duration field.
- If applicable to you, decide how much travel time parents are allowed between each appointment (useful for larger schools), through the use of the Travel Time field.
- Now, if you have any further details that you need the parents to know, such as if a particular teacher isn't available and someone is standing in, you'd want to inform parents to book normally with the original teacher although they'll be meeting the stand-in teacher.
- Finally, click onto the Next button at the bottom of the page to take you to the final steps of your Parents Evening Booking Form.
Finalising the Booking Form
Now, you're ready to begin finalising your Parents Evening Booking Form.
- From here, make sure that all the relevant teachers are selected in correlation to the group(s) you've chosen in the first steps.
- You can change the Start Time and End Time fields if the particular teacher is only available for part of the evening.
- You can also change the duration of the meetings with specific teachers if, for example, you had a special needs class that needs a little extra time.
- If a teacher looks after multiple classes, you can choose which ones they will meet with under the Class field.
- After that, if there is a teacher that wants to mark as unavailable on a particular date, you can uncheck that specific teacher using the circular tick icon.
- You also have the option to change a teacher's name. This can be used to facilitate making only one set of appointments available where teachers work together with one class.
- You can now either save the booking form as a draft to work on it at a later date by clicking on the 'Create Draft' button, or you can publish the booking form by clicking on the 'Publish' button.
Publishing the Booking Form
Now that you have created and published your Parents Evening Booking Form, you have a couple of options available to you to inform the parents, as well as check the status of the Booking Form.
- First, click onto the 'Recipients' button and check a couple of them to make sure that they look correct.
- After making sure that the recipients look right, when you're ready, you can click onto the 'Send Email' button. This will send out an email based on your MIS synced data in relation to the parents that this booking form corresponds to. They will receive a link in which will allow them to create a booking with the necessary teachers.
- You can edit the email that's sent out to parents after you click onto the 'Send Email' button, use the placeholder feature to personalise the email and finally choose whether you want to send to all parents or just the primary contact (downwards chevron beside Send).
- Your Parents Evening Booking Form is now ready for parents to book into.
Checking on your Parents Evening
Since you're Parents Evening Booking Form is now public and available for parents to book into, you have some options as to how you can keep informed. Whilst teachers will receive emails when a parent creates a booking for them, you may still want to check certain details or manually book in parents.
- To begin, click onto the drop-down menu 'Teacher Slots' and choose from the following list of parents.
- Upon choosing a teacher, you'll be able to see their available aligned with the time slots. By using the Book Now button, you can choose a parent that correlates to that teacher/class and book them into a slot manually.
- You can also print off a teacher(s) schedule or send a specific email their own schedule by using the Teacher Schedule button. Click onto the circular tick beside the teacher's name and choose from either the Print or Email button.
- Further, you can use the Report button to view a report of all the parents relative to the group(s) you chose earlier, as well as how many slots they've booked. As well as that, you can print and/or export a report for booking submissions based on which option you choose from the 'Please Select' drop-down menu: 'All Students', 'Booked' and 'No Booking'.
- Finally, after the close date of the Parents Evening that you set earlier, the Booking Form will no longer be available for parents to book in.