You may want to edit the images displayed at the top of your pages, known as the slideshow. You can update either the default inner pages slides, or the images for a specific page, or section of your site. This can only be done by a user with Administrator permissions.
Uploading Slideshow Images
- Access the File Manager from the Home tab on the admin toolbar.
In the File Manager window, locate the folder for the slideshow you want to amend.
- To edit your default slideshow, which applies across your website, you will need to add images to the images>slideshow folder
To edit slideshows for specific pages or sections, when logged in and on the page you want to change the slideshow for, you should see a tooltip indicating the folder you need to add images to. If the folder indicated does not exist in the File Manager, you can create it by right-clicking.
NB If you don't see the tooltip, contact our Support Team, and they can add one for you.
- To add an image to the slideshow you can drag & drop an image from your computer into the folder in your File Manager. You can also click on the 'cloud' button and then navigate to where the file is located on your computer.
Cropping the slideshow images
- You can crop an image by clicking the crop icon, that looks like 4 green arrows pointing inwards.
- You can then use the dashed box in the cropping tool to select he area you would like to display. The dashed outline will turn green when you have selected a good enough quality section of the image. (Please be aware that this will edit the image in file manager permanently and cannot be reverted. You may want to make sure you have a backup of the image before cropping)
- Once you have selected the area, click on the Crop tab at the top.
- You can delete an image by hovering your mouse over an image and selecting the delete icon. It will ask you if you're sure, and if you are, click yes. (you may wish to download the image first before deletion just to be sure you still have it on your computer)
- Any changes you make will update the slides immediately, but it make take a little while before they appear, due to page caching.