Every website is set up differently in a number of aspects; depending on the way your site has been set up, you'll be able to edit specific areas of your site using Custom Data.
If you ever find an area of your site you can't seem to edit, such as a homepage slideshow, information on a staff page, quick links at the top of the site, footer content or a pop-up, it's always worth checking Custom Data to see whether it's editable there.
Accessing your Custom Data
- You may see a tooltip which will give quick access to your custom elements, for example from your website homepage.
- If not, you can also find the Custom Data options within the Website tab on your admin bar. Click on Custom Data and choose from the drop-down list of options (there will be a title and short description explaining what they control).
- Once you have selected the item you want to update, you will either see a page with the settings for the element you have chosen, or a list of items if there are multiple elements - for example with House Points, each house would have its own item listed.
- Where there are multiple items you will be able to add additional ones by clicking Add Item or edit items by clicking the title in the list. You will also be able to re-order items, if applicable, by right-clicking and dragging them into position.
Editing your Custom Data
- Each custom data option will have different fields, depending on its purpose. You may need to enter a title, or text, set a link or add an image.
- Once you have updated or edited the fields presented, click update to save your changes.