- Select User Manager from the Home tab:
- Select Create New User in the Common Tasks column.
- Enter details relevant to the user.
Note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk. Fields that require a unique piece of information, for example 'username', will be highlighted.
- If required you can untick the User can change password checkbox.
- If you do not wish to have an email sent to the user, untick the Send User Password Reset checkbox.
- If required, you can lock an account by selecting Account is currently Locked.
- Click Choose Roles to link the user to a role. This role will have permissions already defined.
Please note: When assigning a user to a role, it is advisable to assign them to only one role. This is because lesser permissions within a role they are assigned to will override any permissions within other roles they have been assigned.
For example, if you assign a user to the 'Administrator' role, they will have full permissions to edit the website. However, if you also assign them to the 'Writers' role, the permissions within the Writers role will take precedence over those within the Administrator role. Consequently, they will lose some of the permissions within the Administrator role and will not have full access to edit the website.
To understand what default permissions each role has please refer to the following article:
- Once you have selected the relevant role Add User to create the user account. If you selected the option to send a password reset, an email will be sent to the new user to enable them to set their password.
Once you have created the new user account please refer them to the below article which will explain how they can log in or reset their password at a later date if need be:
No Password reset email received
If for some reason the user does not receive their password reset email they can try the following:
- To check in their Junk/spam folder to see if their Email has been filtered.
- Administrator to check that the correct email has been entered when setting up the account.
- Administrator to manually send a new password reset Email by going to HOME > User Manager, searching for the user within the User Managers search box (top right), once you find the user click on that users name and then on the right panel scroll down and click on 'Send password reset':
In the meantime the user can use the temporary password that you entered when you first created the account until they are able to reset their password.
If you have tried all of the above options and are still having issues then please do reach out to the Support team.
Issues logging in
Please note: When logging in the username and password are both case sensitive fields.
For example if there is a capital letter within the email address then this would need to be considered.
Some browsers will autofill usernames and passwords in and sometimes they get things wrong. Check to make sure the correct details have been entered such as making sure there are no spaces at the end of the username, as this would be classed as a character.
If you have any issues its always advisable to first try manually enter your credentials so that you know the correct details have been entered.