The Calendar Sync option allows you to link up an Office 365 or Google calendar to your website, so that events on your website calendar are kept up to date automatically.
This is an additional feature and will need to be enabled. Please get in touch to talk to us about us switching this on for your website.
- Updating Calendar Sync Settings
- Linking your Account
- Managing the calendars
- Syncing your Calendars
- Automating the Synchronisation
In order for Google or Microsoft synchronisation to work, and start pulling through events onto the site, the school needs to ensure that their calendar is public and that they can log into their calendar using the URL, username & password that they use to link with their site.
Updating Calendar Sync Settings
To Start off, you will need to set up the Calendar Sync settings:
- Click the Website tab and click the Calendar Sync button.
- Choose the Update settings option (as shown on the right), this will open up a new pop-up window (see below).
- Within this popup, choose from the three options depending on which programme you are using for your external calendar; either Office 365, Exchange or Google Calendar.
Linking your Account
Now you will need to set up the link for either an Office 365, Exchange 2007+ account or a Google account.
- Open the Calendar Sync settings, then click on the option that you want to use.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and fill in all required fields.
- If you are using Office 365 or Google, when you've been logged in, you will then should then see two options (See left): One reading Authorise to access Calendars in green and Disassociate with Account in grey.
- The account how now been successfully linked to the website and is ready to pull through calendar Information.
Managing the calendars
After that, you're going to have to set up which calendars contain the imported data, as well as which one of your calendars you would like to pull through.
- Click the Manage Calendars button under Calendar Sync in the website tab and choose which calendar within your site you would like your Sycn'd Calendar to pull through to.
- Make sure that the Radio Button beside your option has been enabled.
- Choose the Calendar you're wanting to use from the list of Calendars linked to your Sync'd Account.
- Ensure that you click Save at the bottom of the window.
Syncing your Calendars
Finally, you're going to want to Sync the Calendars; to do so.
- Click on the Synchronise Now button under the Calendar Sync button. From there, you will be greeted with a pop-up screen informing you of whether the sync was successful or not.
- At this point, as long as your site is live it will begin synchronising automatically.
Automating the Synchronisation
IMPORTANT! Once you have set up the synchronisation, please let us know so that we can set your synchronisation to happen automatically, so you won't have to follow the last step to manually synchronise the events every time you make a change.