Your website can integrate with Facebook and Instagram allowing you to share any page, news story or blog and have it appear on your social media feed as a post - without having to log in separately to your social media accounts!
This option must be switched on my an administrator of your website. If you are an admin, more details about setting this up can be found here: Social Media Integration
- Sharing Content to Social Media
- Removing Social Media Posts
Sharing Content to Social Media
- Navigate to the item of content that you would like to share.
- Select Share from the Edit tab.
- A drop-down will appear allowing you to select each of the types of Social Media that have been integrated by your administrator. If the site has not been integrated with your social media accounts or you do not have the correct account permissions, the options will not appear.
Generate Facebook post.
A box will appear, detailing the integrated Facebook account name, handle, date and text to be submitted to a Facebook post. If you would like to amend the text, you can freely type in the box. A message below will indicate how many characters you have remaining.
Generate Instagram post.
A box will appear, detailing the integrated Instagram account name, handle, date and text to be submitted to the post. If you would like to amend the text, you can freely type in the box. A message below will indicate how many characters you have remaining.
- Generate Facebook post.
- Publish your post(s) by pressing Save. If your account permissions permit you to save content directly to your website, press Save Now.
- You will be prompted to Confirm External Post. The confirmation window contains the account name, handle, date and post text.
- At this stage, you can choose to Reject, Skip or Submit the post.
- Reject - Publishes any changes to the item of content and stops the post from being submitted.
- Skip - Publishes any changes to the item of content and holds the generated post, preventing it from being submitted to the social media feed. The next time the page is saved, you will be asked to confirm the post. At this stage, you can again Reject, Skip or Submit the post.
- Submit - Sends the post to the social media feed. A copy of the post is also stored on the Edit tabs Share drop-down.
Removing Social Media Posts
With Juniper Education's social media integration, you do not need to leave your Content Management System (CMS) to remove the website's shared posts from Facebook and Instagram.
- On your website, navigate to the item of content which was shared to social media, and that you would like to remove posts from.
- Select Share from the Edit tab. A drop-down will appear containing links to generate posts and all posts which have previously been submitted to Facebook and Instagram.
- Select the cross icon to the right of a post to delete it immediately - you do not need to save the page. If you have the correct permissions then the post will instantly be removed from your social media account. It will still appear in the list of items shared from the site, but will be greyed out to indicate that it was removed.