With Calendars, you can keep parents informed about upcoming events at your school. Not only that, you can combine multiple calendars in a single view, to display events from specific departments.
To begin, navigate to a calendar on your website and follow the steps below.
Creating an Event
- Select Event from the Create tab OR right-click on the event date, and select create event. The Calendar Event window will appear.
- Enter a title for your event in the Title field.
- Click the calendar icons to specify a start and end date.
- Click the hour and minute drop-downs to specify a start and end time. If you leave these drop-downs blank, the event will be created as an All Day event.
- Enter more information about your event in the Description field.
You may wish to include elements from the Editor Ribbon
- If you would like the event to appear repeatedly, tick the check-box, This event recurs. The following options and properties are revealed.
- Recurs Daily - If you would like your event to recur daily, enter a numeric frequency. You must also specify an end day for your event recurrence.
Recurs Weekly - If you would like your event to recur weekly, enter a numeric frequency and select the day(s) the event will take place. You must also specify an end day for your event recurrence.
- Recurs Weekly - If you would like your event to recur weekly, enter a numeric frequency and select the day(s) the event will take place. You must also specify an end day for your event recurrence.
- Recurs Monthly - If you would like your event to recur on the same day every month, enter a numeric value for the month day. Alternatively, you may like your event to recur on the 1st Monday of each month. Select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc and weekday. You must also specify an end day for your event recurrence.
- Exceptions - If there are any dates that the event will not happen, for example during school holidays or when a teacher is absent, you can exclude the date range.
- If you have a file that you would like to share, for example, a trip letter with further information for parents, click Upload Attachment and select the file you would like to upload from your computer
Share to Facebook
- The Share option allows the event to be shared to a Facebook account. This option must be switched on by an administrator of your website. If you are an admin, more details about setting this up can be found here: Social Media Integration
- Click the Share button, and then Generate Facebook post
- When you are ready, select the categories you would like the event to be part of, and select to save or send for approval.