First, navigate to a news or blog article.
- Insert a thumbnail image by clicking the Upload Thumbnail block. A window will appear displaying image files on your computer. It is recommended that you add a thumbnail image to make your article stand out and encourage visitors to view more. However, if you do not have an image to hand, your website will insert a default placeholder image.
- In the window, navigate to the file you would like to upload. Click on the file and press Open.
- Once you have uploaded a thumbnail image, hover your cursor over the picture to reveal a menu in the top right-hand corner.
- Crop- Opens the Crop Thumbnail window.
- Information - The 'i' icon will allow you to set alternative text for your image, to improve the accessibility of your picture.
- Replace Image - Opens the image folder on your machine so you can choose a new image.
- Remove Image - Deletes the thumbnail image.
- Click on the crop icon to open the Crop Thumbnail window.
- The thumbnail images for your article may appear in several website areas. Each version of the image could appear in different shapes, such as squares or rectangles.
- Main Thumbnail - The image appears within the article.
- List Thumbnail - Image appears within the main news feed category.
- Home Thumbnail - The image appears in the news feed on the homepage.
- Square Thumbnail - The image appears on the Newsletters (if the Add-on is enabled).
App Thumbnail - Image appears within the News & Events app (if the Add-on is enabled).
- Use the zoom tools, and move the image in left window to adjust the thumbnail image for each area of your website. A preview of the cropped image will appear on the right.
- Repeat image cropping for each of the areas of the website where the image is used, by pressing the purple buttons at the top right of the window.
- Click in the 'i' icon and enter the alternative text, to describe your image to anyone viewing your content with a screen reader.
- Click Update to apply the new crop dimensions and save the alternative text description.