In this article, we'll guide you on how to share your school's social media posts such as Instagram on your website's homepage feed. This is a great way to keep parents engaged and informed about school news and updates.
Authorising access to Instagram
If you have disassociated your Instagram account from your website or have never authorised access to Instagram before, you will can re-authorise/authorise access by following the steps below:
- Navigate to your website homepage, scroll down and there will be a Instagram button next to where your Instagram feed is that will allow you to connect your website with your Facebook account (which is linked to your Instagram) and may look something like this:
- Click on the button that is visible on your website.
The button style or wording may vary to the above depending on the template that your website uses.
Please note: To add an Instagram feed to your website, it's essential to have a Facebook account linked to your Instagram profile. This connection is crucial, as it requires setup through a linked Facebook account due to Meta's system structure on their end.
- Once you click on this button you will see an Instagram Authorisation Settings dialogue box appear like so:
IMPORTANT: In order to continue with the next step, within the same Browser but on a separate tab you must be logged into the Facebook account that is linked to your Instagram account.
- On the Instagram Authorisation Settings window, click Login via Facebook.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account. Your Facebook account must have access to your school's Instagram account.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account:
- On the next window, select the Instagram account you would like to share posts from on your website homepage.
- When your website has been authorised to access Instagram, a green box will appear to inform you the website is authorised. You can revoke the authorisation at any time by pressing the Disassociate with Instagram button: